Sunday, September 18, 2016

DIY Bandana Bib


Making your own bandana bibs!
  What you'll need:
1.2 yd of whatever fabric you want
1.2 yd of fleece or terry cloth-something absorbent
scissors
sewing pins
sewing machine
snaps from wally world or 
just make tails longer to tie


  So I got my son this super adorbs bandana bid from a really cute, unique toy store. And I will go back to buy more and support small businesses! But being we are pretty much on a tight budget always, and I had a bunch of fabric left over from a failed crazy pregnant idea,  I figured hey why not? So first I traced around the other bib. If you don't have a bib make a triangle! The top part that would go around their neck about 17 inches and each side 13 inches.


    So then after you trace it with extreme care you do it again! I used a some kind of stretchy fabric and the back was a pale grey fleece to help absorb and all that good stuff. Once both are traced and cut out, stick back to back. With the back of the fabric facing out. Like so. And pin together.




     I, also, put two pins close together so I know where to stop and to leave an opening so we can turn it right side out? Inside out? Ehh...



     Tada! Now you can either iron this baby out or be lazy and not like me and you'll see where that got me momentarily.  And I sewed around the edge to try and give it a trim look, little bit crooked but it works! So there is that.


 I pinned the opening that I used to 
turn it right side and sewed it closed while
sewing around the edge.

Almost done 

oops!


      I got these snaps at Walmart with a cool little helper tool. And I put two female snaps for a different size options. You can always measure your little first, buuutttt that's not how I roll.
 The hubs hammering for me 

Look at that sew job! Wooo!!!

Anyway, my finished, if not rough, product and the cutest little baby ever!




No comments:

Post a Comment