Thursday, September 15, 2016

Why I Deleted My Facebook & Super Ok with that

"I have exercised the demons....this house is cleear-uh."
    So about 6 weeks ago I deleted Facebook. Not just the app but the whole THING! It was a beautiful liberating experience. 


     If you are like me, if it's in easy access I have very little control. None. Zero. And being a Mom I found it to be the easiest, quickest way to just zone out. But I kept finding myself "zoning" out every chance I got. If a sat down, in the car (husband driving), dinner, at Bible studies... there wasn't a time the phone wasn't in my hand; so as soon as I had a free moment BAM Facebook. And not only was I consumed with what was on the interwebs, but I was taking away so much needed and desired face to face interaction with my kids. And sadly, I've noticed a difference with my daughter. :( She was already a great kid but now she listens better, picking up her toys! It's been eye opening.

    I'm also not constantly comparing myself and "competing" with everyone elses lives. Who's living better? Going places? Traveling? Constant onslaught of who's better than who. And I was just so sick and mind sick. And golly, I feel so much lighter. I'm not constantly worrying about what everyone else is doing. Who's child is potty trained. Who got a new car or house or whatever (I'm just throwing out ideas here, no offense to anyone haha) I'm not in an imaginary competition with someone who isn't even aware. I'm just doing me and this house hold and it's been amazing! I love it!







Proverbs 31:25-31
25She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.
26She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
27She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.
28Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:
29“Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all.”
30Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the Lordis to be praised.
31Honor her for all that her hands have done,
and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

     I do use Facebook about once a day to check my photography page Selah Photography. But that is it! Promise! 

No comments:

Post a Comment